Flowcharts are widely applied in generally every sector. Flowchart designers and creators have come up with information loaded diagrams via AI technology. It highlights the different stages included in a process, where every minute detail gets covered. It also helps to identify obstacles in the process.
Troubleshooting flowcharts are useful tools, which help users to examine the process activities to be performed in detail/ Reviewers can apply their smartness and knowledge to identify bottlenecks in the process. Thus, the pain zones get identified and resolved right from the start.
An example of IT troubleshooting process
The troubleshooting process has two main stages. The first is issue identification and the second is fixing it.
Customers are not happy with the situation. So be courteous, gentle, and patient, while asking questions associated with the malfunction of your product. Besides, the customer does not have technical expertise like you, so they may use incorrect terminology. Therefore, avoid using technical jargon to impress them but use simple language.
Effective problem-solving questions
- Opening question – What is the problem? It cannot be answered in ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
- Allow the customer to explain their experience. Interruption can prompt a start over, so listen patiently.
- As you start to understand the issue, use a closed question that needs specific answers like what OS do you use. It will often be answered as don’t know or which one is used.
- Verify your understanding of the customer’s issue with a restatement of what you were told.
- If a customer agrees then continue to collect information. Otherwise, clarify where you twisted and verify your understanding again. Never continue until the customer agrees that you understood.
Verify the problem
Verification offers a chance to confirm the extent of the situation. It saves you from working on the wrong problems.
Eliminate 3rd party products
Incompatibilities of 3rd party products may be the cause of the problem. So, before you start fixing the suspected problem eliminate 3rd party products. Now, check if the issue still arises. If it doesn’t mean 3rd party product was an issue.
Try to recreate the problem
Sometimes a problem can be solved just by watching the customer recreate the process. It helps to identify if the customer is correctly or incorrectly operating the system. It even helps to get extra information about why the problem occurs.
Try quick fixes
An efficient troubleshooter can try quick fixes as it involves negligible or no risk to the system. It includes turning off and restarting the system or adjusts controls. Troubleshooting symptom charts offer quick fixes.
Applications of troubleshooting flowchart
Business enterprises, scientific & engineering endeavors, manufacturers, educational institutions, and government agencies can take advantage of the troubleshooting flowchart software. It helps to increase value creation as well as remove the resource wastage from an extensive range of business sectors in this contemporary world.
Benefits of fault-finding flowcharts
- Identifies the faults
- Reduces the time needed for resolving problems.
- Offers accurate problem solution.
- Delivers informed guidance even on smartphones.
Using VisiRule, just draw a troubleshooting flowchart. It will automatically generate a question &answer session. The queries will be relevant to the symptoms and users will be offered a suitable diagnosis associated with the recommended solution.